- 3 pounds Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes
- Water, as needed for steaming
Herb Lemon Marinade*
- ¾ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
To Serve (per serving)
- ¼ pound crushed fingerling potatoes
- herb lemon marinade, as desired
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Wash and rinse potatoes.
- Fill a pot with about an inch of water and bring to a simmer.
- Place a steam basket with potatoes into the pot and steam for about 20-25 minutes or until you can just poke a knife through the middle.
- Transfer potatoes to a clean sheet pan, spread out into a single layer and allow to cool at room temperature.
- When cool, press each potato, exposing the inner flesh of the potato, yet keeping the potatoes whole or in large pieces.
Herb Lemon Marinade
- Prepare and measure all ingredients. Be sure to chop all herbs evenly.
- Place all ingredients, except the oil in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until well combined.
*To reduce ingredients can substitute thyme, garlic, tarragon, parsley, and red pepper flakes with 5 tablespoons of Italian Seasoning Blend. Can replace lemon zest, black pepper, and Kosher Salt with 3 tablespoons of Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- Fry crushed fingerling potatoes in a 360°F fryer, until crisp and deep, golden brown (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- When done immediately drain off excess oil and transfer to a clean bowl.
- Immediately toss with Herb Lemon Marinade, grated Parmesan, sea salt and parsley. Coat the potatoes evenly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!